Monday, February 7, 2011

The One with the BFF's Birthday, 2010.

For as long as I can remember, it has been important to me to make my loved ones' birthdays big deals every time they roll around. I don't know where this little obsession came from, to be completely honest. I'm convinced that one year someone made a big deal of my birthday, and I realized how special it made me feel; I suppose I just wanted to pass it on, always.

I truly believe that birthdays should not be ignored. Ever. I think that they are the one day, the one excuse to get away with expressing love for the people you care most about. I'm not about to pass up that opportunity today.

My darling best friend's birthday is today. What a joy it has been to know him and watch him grow into a more wonderful person with each and every experience. I feel so lucky that he's kept me around for this long. He is absolutely incredible in every way, and I recognize that each day. I find such joy in knowing I can hold onto this sweet friendship for a long time. I have the greatest pride in my heart because I have found the ultimate best friend.

I have laughed more with him than with anyone; I have cried more with (/in front of) him than I have with anyone. I have joked more. I have talked more. I have worked more. I have played more.

I lucked out.
So, if you see him today, don't forget to tell him "happy birthday" and, more importantly, how much you love him. He deserves to hear it.

No comments: