Sometimes I really hate making decisions. It comes with being an adult, I know. But sometimes I don't want to be an adult. I've talked about this before - how I'd like to be a toddler again. It's just that the responsibility that comes with being an adult can be a bit overwhelming. Sometimes making a decision that you feel is better for you and will push you personally in the right direction - emotionally, physically, financially, career-wise, etc. - is going to let someone else down. And the consequences, big or small, must be reaped. I understand that is a fact of life. But understanding it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm afraid I have a big, fat decision that is going to really affect my next semester, but I really feel like it is the best thing for me. I can't miss the opportunity.
We opened The Drowsy Chaperone, as I said in my last post, and the audience's responses have been aboslutely wonderful. I sit backstage during a lot of the show waiting to go on just listening to the laughter that emits from the crowd. "It does what a musical is supposed to do - it takes you to another world... for when you're feeling blue." I was told after our Saturday matinee that one lady was practically sobbing when the show ended because it let her escape for just a couple of hours from a really tough few days she'd had previously. I love hearing about things like that, even if I can't say I've contributed too much to it. It really is such a sweet show, and I am so lucky to be a part of it.
My mom is so cool. She started up a website for her embroidery business called Bloomers and Boxers. She is even blogging on the website about her progress with the business, and it's really fun. If you yourself have any little ones or know of anyone who does or will in the near future, you'll want to check it out. You'll die when you see how precious everything is. The website is still in progress, but there are still quite a few things to look at. So... go look: http://www.bloomersandboxers.com. I'm so proud. :)Speaking of my mom... she is coming to see me next month. We'd been talking about it, but I wasn't really sure it was going to happen. But I was surprised by a flight itinerary in my email inbox. I actually giggled when I saw it. She's flying in on November 11 and staying until the 14th. This means she'll get to see my in both of my shows. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for this to happen! She is my greatest support.
AND speaking of support, I have the sweetest friends on the planet. It is such a sweet blessing to hear one or two of them laughing in the audience or to see them from up above the audience where I'm loading into one of my contraptions. They are all so precious to me.
Okay. Let's talk about it. It's become a pretty prominent part of my everyday life lately, so why not? I'm dieting. YUCK, I hate that word. But I hate even more when people say, "It's not a diet; it's a lifestyle." So, I've come up with my own lingo and mantra regarding the matter: "I'm treating myself better, and I'm feeling better about myself." A lot of words for one idea, I know, but I like thinking about it that way instead. It seems... well... healthier. So. The results so far? I've lost ten pounds in two weeks. It can be frustrating to look at myself and not really see a huge difference, but I can definitely feel it. I may not get as much sleep with my busy schedule as I should, but I'm less tired because I'm more energized and less weighed-down by the fatty food I had been eating before. It's a big change, but I am so thrilled with the results, which are so much more than the minus ten pounds that the scale shows... I'm talking about the self-esteem attached to the progress, the energy and the endorphins. Even my performances have become more energized. I don't have a single complaint about it - I don't even miss the fatty foods. I feel so good. And I still have so much further to go.
I had a blast from the past this weekend. Has anyone else ever seen the movie Mac and Me? We used to watch it at my house all the time when I was little. It is the weirdest, yet most charming little movie ever. It may or may not be a bit of a rip-off of E.T. I'll let the poster speak for itself...
3 comments:
I'm probably the last person you'd expect to comment on your blog, but it stuck out to me. I love that you're moving forward. I'm very happy for you. Keep it up. The idea of shedding a skin and the process of continually evolving to become a better you for your sake, is never ever a bad thing. Whether it be in singing, dancing, dieting, relationships...what have you. You're a lovely person, you know that?
I definitely have to agree with Tyson on that lovely note. :) I'm so proud of you. I know I've told you that more than a few times, but I really mean it. While reading this, I laughed so loudly remembering going out to Chili's after your show, and hearing you in my head say, "WEIGHT WATCHAS!" You crack me up. 10 pounds is a wonderful accomplishment. My mom will tell you that. She's on her diet right now as well, and she'll say that 10 pounds is not easy. SO GOOD ON YA GIRLY! :D love you. lots and lots! :)
Read exhotgirl.blogspot.com if you ever get discouraged or disgruntled or whatever about the lifestyle change. She occasionally does 10-pound-difference before and after pictures.
Soooooo glad you've got a blog for me to stalk too.
Post a Comment