Sometimes we feel mad. Sometimes we feel sad. Sometimes we feel frustrated. Sometimes we feel hurt. Sometimes we feel helpless.
I've always loved driving; I've found that it really relieves a lot of stress (if it's just to drive... sometimes having a destination can be stressful). In fact, when I was living in Ogden, on Sundays, I would take about an hour drive up in the Ogden Canyon and just take in the scenery.
But I've found that more than just driving, singing and driving relieves more stress and sadness and frustration and anger and helplessness. It's a medicine of its own. And there is just something about being in your car or your shower or a place where you are the only one who can hear you - there are no inhibitions, no need for insecurities, total and complete vulnerability.
Sometimes I can just get in my car, drive and sing. And all is right in my little world.
I know this video isn't in her room or her car or her shower... but there is just something about how candid and unbridled she is. And maybe some of these lyrics and expressions and soul is how I feel when I sing all by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment