Tribute to Thanksgiving #20: "Good work is good work wherever it's done, in a play, a motion picture or television, and that includes commercials. " - Parker Stevenson
One of the many things that I remember about my early childhood are TV commercials. Maybe that means that we watched too much TV; I like to think we dabbled in lots of different areas of culture, including the art that is the small screen, the telly, the boob tube, the idiot box.
My siblings and I will frequently reminisce about certain commercials, like the "Pizza in the mornin'" one or the "My Buddy/Kid Sister" ad. Silly as it may sound, I'm grateful for these little treasures that make us laugh about our pasts.
As I've been catching up on Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, and Desperate Housewives on Hulu this weekend, I'm reminded more and more that Christmas is near because of the commercials that have aired in the breaks. As I was watching them, I thought, "They just don't make Christmas commercials like they used to."
And that sent me on the search for my top favorite Christmas commercials I watched as I was growing up. (You may want to go to the bottom of the page and pause the music player before you watch any of these!)
I remember this ad as the first commercial that ever made me cry. I'm fairly certain it wasn't airing with any program I was watching, but instead I saw it on a VHS tape of a Christmas movie my parents had recorded.
"Oh, Bill..."
And this one REALLY creeped me out.
The classic...
And who could forget this one?
I always wanted a polar bear thanks to this one.
There's just SO MANY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8fY7EovPg&feature=related
Oh it's my mom singing the first one ;)
Post a Comment