Sunday, May 1, 2011

The One with the Two MJs.

I am such a dog-lover. Always have been and always will be. I grew up with so many dogs, and I loved every single one. I'm also willing to bet I could still name them ALL.
I'm moving in one month exactly, and I really cannot wait. It's just time, you know? Even though I still have a little bit of school left, my time in Ogden and my time in this house is up. And I feel like it has been for some time.

Aside from feeling like I'm actually getting on with my life, there's another exciting little detail that's making the move extra-special. Well, two little details...
Meet Martha the Little Sister and Mary Jane the Pit Bull.

I am in love with this dog. And I'm not kidding when I say that anyone who meets her falls in love with her. I didn't think that when I went home for Christmas that I would really even care about this dog, but when she snuggled with me and fell asleep with her legs wrapped around me in a hug, how on EARTH was I able to resist? She also plays a very special role in Martha's life; she's her best friend. So, when Martha decided she was going to move up to Utah, I knew Mary Jane had to come, too.

So, I went looking.

Do you know that pit bulls are considered "dangerous breeds," and in some areas, people are trying to ban them completely? I've learned more about this than I ever wanted to, and I'm kind
of blown away by it all. I never imagined, by throwing a pit bull into the mix, finding a place would be so hard. I called literally over 100 places. I always asked what their breed restrictions were. "Dangerous Breeds" include: Doberman Pinschers, Presa Canario, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Alaskan Malamutes, Huskies, Akitas, Wolf-Mix, Chow Chows, Boxers, German Shepherds, and Bulldogs, plus SO MANY MORE.

I laughed out loud when one lady I talked to even said Golden Retriever. I said, "Are you kidding?!"
Yeah, that just screams "DANGER," doesn't it?

Finally, though, we did find a place. And it was an absolute miracle. According to the lady in the office, it is the only apartment complex in the Provo/Salt Lake/Ogden areas that allows pit bulls.

It wasn't easy to find. It was frustrating. It was discouraging. It was tiring. But, honestly...
... it was all worth it.

1 comment:

Keidrick said...

This was SO CUTE! :)

I LOVE MARYY!!!

You're awesome!