
When I'm allowed friendships like that that bless my life as much as this one, I know God really, really loves me.
Which easily segues into another topic. Over the past few weeks, I have assessed the friendships that I have and I am realizing the solidity that stands in so many of my friendships and the liquidity that sits in so many others. The assessment and realization of these friendships have created a foundation with which I choose to lay down when building each of my friendships. It's a fact of life: some people just fit together. I fit with my solid friends, and I can count those who I absolutely believe will be lifelong friends (family not included, though they are definitely my friends) on two hands. And with those odds, I consider myself very lucky.
The trend seems to be that I only come home once a year. It's interesting to realize that, as time has gone on, year after year, the people that I interact with in my hometown become less and less. There are really only two or three people, aside from my family, that I have remained in full contact with anymore. I'm actually okay with that when I step back and look at the people that grace my life everyday. I'm more than okay with that.
My friends are so wise. Really. I lucked out. I have the best variety of people in my life, the best company, the sweetest and most open hearts, and the funniest little snots I could ever know. All nestled into my little heart. Is this corny enough for any of you yet?
In lieu of a texty conversation I had with a wonderful friend, I want to share with you a very special blog. I can't even imagine how many people read it; I think it would be safe to say that it has truly touched THOUSANDS of lives. I've referenced her blog before, and that's just how serious I am about it. I have experienced so many emotions and learned so many lessons from this woman. Click here and take a gander at her blog, okay? You'll love it.
Christmas was perfect; the whole family was here. I love when that happens. We spent some very sweet time together and took a special mini-trip as a family in the afternoon. I even stayed in my pajamas all day long. Sometimes I get a little jealous when I think about other families running around non-stop to various houses to exchange gifts and eat fourth and fifth meals... but I really wouldn't have my Christmas any other way.
This is definitely the most time I have spent at home on a visit, and it's been relaxing. Sometimes a bit boring when I'm the only one here at home with absolutely nothing to do, yes... but this is what coming home should be like. Family. A friend or two. And relaxation. Relaxation I absolutely needed.
However.
plateau - to reach a state or level of little or no growth or decline, esp. to stop increasing or progressing.
That's what's happening to me. I think my weight loss has hit its plateau. Unfortunately, I got so worked up in the fact that things were going so well that I didn't factor in levelling off like this. But it's happened, and I'm not happy about it. I suppose I should've seen this coming. But I didn't.
This has been very hard work - I wish everyone would have to experience this change. My eating habits have given me an unbelievable sense of control; I have taught myself very quickly what my body needs and doesn't. Now, my body is in control and I have to regain control of it. The truth is, I haven't done a lick of exercise since I started losing weight. I knew that gaining control of what I ate would make the pounds melt off. I had no idea at what rate, I just knew I wanted it to happen. Now, I have to exercise in order to lose the other 20 pounds that I am aiming for. It's more than fair, right? 30 "easy" and 20 "hard"... right?
Just because it's "fair" doesn't mean I'm not frustrated by it. But just because I'm frustrated by it also doesn't mean I'm not driven and excited at the same time. And the truth is, there is no better time to get to work than right now.
2011, here I come.
1 comment:
Don't you worry about that plateau. I've hit two of them-- I was able to surpass the first after about a month (which was frustrating, I'll give you, but really not that long, in hindsight) and haven't really pulled out of this current one yet, but I'm chalking it up to the holidays. My guess is we're about the same right now, yeah? And our end-goal is the same, right? LET'S DO IT TOGETHER. It's funny how just eating well make such a difference, but that's sort of ceased to work by itself. Let's Wii Fit and whatever and make it happen together, eh?? Eh??
Rehearsal tomorrow.
Post a Comment