So... yesterday literally held no time for me to sit down and write. I'm taking my break after work and before rehearsal today to do numbers 3 and 4. I'll do 5 and 6 tonight when I get home from rehearsal.
Tribute to Thanksgiving #3: "The quickest way to know a woman is to go shopping with her." - Marcelene Cox
I am not a crazy shopper. I hardly ever spend more than $30 on any article of clothing, shoes, etc. I consider myself a great bargain shopper, but I don't really call it a "de-stresser" or anything like that. Unless we're talking about shopping for other people.
With the Christmas season approaching, I am scouring stores in person and online for the perfect gifts for my perfect friends and family. Black Friday? I'm in Heaven.
I don't know where it became such a fascination to me, but I absolutely love finding gifts for loved ones for birthdays and the holiday season. It's just very important to me and always has been.
I suppose I'm about a third of the way done. I still have a long way to go, and I love that!
Tribute to Thanksgiving #4: "We could never have loved the earth so well if we had had no childhood in it." - George Eliot
I'm sitting in my room right now listening to my roommate give voice lessons to a little girl in our living room. The little girl is probably eleven years old and has the most extreme vibrato. I smile about it because, at that age, so did I. And then I'm reminded of a video Martha and I stumbled across a while ago.
A little background: my mom got her bachelor's degree at BYU in Music/French Horn performance. She has always been an excellent musician and made it an important part of her children's lives, too. I absolutely accredit my abilities to the early start that she gave us. Rather frequently, as a family, we would assemble in our living room and stand around the piano and sing while my mom played. It is one of my fondest memories, the one I can recall the best. I loved it. This video is one of those moments (sans Mom playing the piano, of course):
I'm sitting in my room right now listening to my roommate give voice lessons to a little girl in our living room. The little girl is probably eleven years old and has the most extreme vibrato. I smile about it because, at that age, so did I. And then I'm reminded of a video Martha and I stumbled across a while ago.
A little background: my mom got her bachelor's degree at BYU in Music/French Horn performance. She has always been an excellent musician and made it an important part of her children's lives, too. I absolutely accredit my abilities to the early start that she gave us. Rather frequently, as a family, we would assemble in our living room and stand around the piano and sing while my mom played. It is one of my fondest memories, the one I can recall the best. I loved it. This video is one of those moments (sans Mom playing the piano, of course):
Today I am grateful for this. I think about it often. I smile about it often. And if I ever have kids of my own, I can't wait to share this with them, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment